Trauma and Resiliency Resources
PTSD - End it here DONATE


Warriors and First Responders put their lives on the line every day in service to their country, whether on the home front or in a combat zone. They do this willingly. They do not expect to be internally disturbed in the process, yet, this often occurs, and then it is time for us to serve them.

That time is now.

Active duty suicides have outpaced deaths in combat and are now happening at the rate of one per day. Veteran suicides are occurring at the rate of 22 per day. TRR is dedicated to helping those who have been to war truly come home.

Organizational History:

Incorporated in 2005, Trauma and Resiliency Resources, Inc. (TRR) is dedicated to assisting traumatized individuals, especially those impacted by line of duty responsibilities, connect with trauma resources including therapists with advanced training in treating first responder and warrior trauma. TRR* was born out of its Founder's work with uniformed and non-uniformed New York City First Responders in the aftermath of the events of September 11, 2001.

501(c)(3) public charity status was awarded in 2006. TRR's first website was designed by a retired firefighter so that trauma-related resources could be made available to members of FDNY, NYPD and PAPD (Port Authority Police Department of New York/New Jersey) and their families.

With the onset of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, these resources were expanded to Military Personnel – Active Duty and Veterans, and all their families. Because we have no paid staff more than 90% of all donations go directly to Warrior Camp® programs. The remaining 10% pays for operational costs such as website hosting/ maintenance, grant writing/program development, and fundraising.

Trauma is Treatable:

Based on extensive experience we know that warriors and first responders believe they are supposed to "suck it up" and "get

over" traumatic experiences on their own. This is usually reinforced by their departments or branch of service. As traumatized individuals try to handle their difficulties on their own, years go by. When they finally do seek professional help, or are mandated to get help, it is often very late. Their symptoms have become chronic and complicated by the use of drugs and alcohol in a typical, but largely unsuccessful, effort to reduce symptom severity.

Researched-based treatment:

Traumatic stress has been heavily research funded in recent years, and we now know much more about what actually happens to individuals during a traumatic experience. Some of the specific brain processes involved in the formation of symptoms have been identified. This has lead to the development of treatment modalities that are highly successful for many people as long as the treatments are provided by therapists who are trained and/or certified in their use, and are sufficiently educated about working with trauma survivors.

Those of us who work with traumatized individuals know that recent traumas are often fueled or exacerbated by traumatic experiences from childhood that at the time were probably unrecognized as such. Good trauma treatment can address these issues when necessary, and if that is what the individual wants.

Our Program

In 2007-8 Ms. Usadi worked with members of the 10th Mountain Division of the U.S. Army at Ft. Drum. It was largely due to that experience that TRR moved from being an on-line trauma resource for first responders and warriors,  to developing its active program: TRR's Warrior Camp®.

TRR's Warrior Camp®

A 7-day intensive, residential, mindfulness-based decompression camp program designed specifically for active duty warriors and veterans experiencing Combat Trauma which we define as PTSD, MST and Moral Injury.  It's goal is to prevent suicide, enhance resilience, support force preservation, and help warriors transition from the battlefield to the community.

Why We Deserve Your Support:

In recent years there has been a surge of new programs for military veterans. TRR is unique and is leading the field in that its focus is on Moral Injury -  the wounding of heart and soul that is an inevitable result of going to war.  Moral Injury is not PTSD and is not a disorder. It needs to be identified and addressed so that warriors can heal from those experiences. We work collaboratively with other organizations to meet the needs of returning warriors, veterans and their families.

Donate Now

What we offer on this site:

  • A program for veterans and active duty military
  • Links to helpful websites
  • Trauma information and resources
  • Crisis Lines
  • Easy ways to donate to help us help them
  • News articles

*"Trauma and Resilience, 2 ½ years later" was initially the title of a workshop Ms. Usadi presented at the Uniformed Firefighters Association of Greater New York Delegate's Convention in 2004.

Serving those who serve